Sunday, February 1, 2009

My Lost Party - Let Me Show You It

As soon as the date was announced for the premiere episode for Lost Season 5 I began planning my Lost Party. My original plan was to have people over for the actual airing, but my wise friend Gerry suggested we should watch that in our own homes, undistracted and uninterrupted. Then we could get together to rewatch it after having time to stew on all the theories that arose. It was a great idea! The conversation, debates and laughs were in abundance and we all had a great time. What follows are pictures of what I did. Any of these pictures can be enlarged if you click on it, if you'd like to see more detail.

The Party Decorations:

Of course, the obligatory palm trees...



But this one has a little Hurley hanging out underneath, as drawn by my 5 yr old son.



I put a generic tropical themed tablecloth on the table and thought it would be cute to add a little extra Lost touch...



...that led to an idea to add Lost quotes all over the plain white area in the middle of the tablecloth. I wish I had thought of this earlier; then it would have been completely filled. More on the jars you see there in the food section.





The Party Food:

This is the sign I made to hang over the "Hurley Buffet." The drawing of Hurley in the van was drawn by James Boudreaux II and I found it at his site, The Lost Boys Project, where he has lots of great comics based on the Lost characters.


Hurley's Island Buffet:
"Where if you eat more comfort food,
You won't go around shooting people!"


Here's a closer look at the jars from earlier. For some unknown reason I did not get a shot of the jar of Dharma Ranch Dip and the veggie platter. Rest assured, it looked awesome.



The table had two platters on it. The top has mangoes and papayas, for obvious reasons and the bottom has pepperoni and cheese in homage to Cheech's sandwich in "The Lie". Too bad my budget didn't allow for caviar or we so would have had those sandwiches, even if I had to guilt my guests into trying a bite.



Tower of Goodies!



What's on it?


Ho-Ho's (watch out for dead rock stars!), Dharmalars,
Chocolate Cream Cookies


Next to the Tower of Goodies was a crock pot full of Mr. Cluck's Chicken Shack Breaded Baked Chicken Wings with homemade blue cheese dressing. They were awesome, dude.

The Frozen Donkey Wheel:
A lime margarita-style blender drink. The lime is cut to look like it has spokes coming out of it. And it was all kinds of yummy. Notice the Connect 4 pieces surrounding the drink. Somehow I also forgot to get a picture of the game as well.


Party Favors:
I made Dharma Fish Biscuits... really just sugar cookies with cookie icing.



After I wrote "DHARMA" on them and put them in bags they looked like this. I also gave lil' Dharma polar bears. How cute are they?


I had a lot of fun doing this and hope to do it again after the season finale. Off to find a recipe idea for a Flaming Frogurt...

6 comments:

  1. Cayley, What an incredible imagination. The party looked like it was set to be incredible making me feel 20X more guilty for not sucking it up and getting pink eye and hives. It would have been worth it! Great, great set up. (And by the way, my Mom's hope chest is in your dining room)

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looked awesome!! Great job! I would have come for sure if I lived a few thousand miles closer.
    Someday.......

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome party and great job Cayley. I especially LOVE the Frozen Donkey Wheel margarita. That just rules. I want a frozen donkey wheel!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CC it looks awesome!!!! you'll have to throw one of those across the pond :D
    maybe in 2010 uh? ;)
    very nice SuperSpeed :)
    P

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you do this again, I'll bring the bottles of Oceanic Airlines water. What fun! Well done.

    ReplyDelete