Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Daily Crutch

I am getting very excited because my incision is almost all healed up. Every day I see it changing for the better. Unfortunately due to my doctor being on "summer hours" I can't see him again until the end of the month and therefore won't be able to start physical therapy until August. I feel like I'm ready to start walking, and occasionally find excuses to go to the kitchen and just "forget" to put the aircast on. It feels good in the ankle area for the most part, as long as I don't overdo it, like make more than 4 or 5 trips throughout the day. More than that and it feels like I'm tugging on the incision. One new thing I have found is that every once in a while I take a step that feels odd in my heel area, almost wobbly, but not painful. I finally remembered that the doc told me that while he was in there he took out a heel spur. I had no idea how much of a difference that would make.

My son had some fun this past week playing with my aircast. I pumped it up so it would stay on his little leg and figured he would be tired of it pretty quick, but despite a fall after every other step, literally, he still wanted to keep it on. I also had my husband take a picture of my calves to show me, and now the whole blessed world, exactly how much muscle tone I have left in that leg. In related news, I weighed myself today and I've lost 2 lbs. Gee, I wonder where if will be most noticeable?

No comments:

Post a Comment